BPL Roofing – Pledge Our Support To Street Life Charity In Houghton RegisMay 2, 2018
BPL Roofing Launches A New Leadworks ServiceJune 22, 2018
It’s hard to know when you might need a roof replacement because a roof isn’t something that you check every day. It’s also something easy to forget about, however, if it’s not checked it could cost you a lot of money in the long run.
Below, we’ve rounded up 5 early warning signs that your roof could be in need of repair.
- Water damage
- Signs of water damage can be easily mistaken for something else. When you find any signs of water damage, check your roof immediately as it’s better to be safe than sorry. Don’t wait for the further damage; doing so could be costly and require you to have your roof replaced entirely.
- Mould & Moss
- Another sign to look out for would be moss and mould. If mould and moss has grown outside of your roof this is a bad sign as it can cause the tiles to move apart which opens up the roof to water damage.
- Light shining through the roof
- Light coming in from your roof could mean that you have cracks and holes in your roof – which should be looked at immediately before the holes expand any further. The best time to check this is at sunset, as it will be dark enough inside with the lights out yet bright enough outside for you to see the light coming through. Save yourself the hassle and get in touch with the experts at BPL roofing Yorkshire for a professional roof health check.
- Loose tiles
- A weak roof with missing or damaged tiles could cave in on you – so be sure to act quickly if you spot any loose roof tiles! If you spot more than a couple of loose or missing tiles, then you should consider replacing your roof.
- The top of your roof should follow a straight line along the ridge. If there is any kind of saddleback or sag in the middle, then take this as a warning sign or damage. If this is not detected and treated early enough the damage may cause the roof to collapse. Roof sagging can be caused by water damage, faulty roofing materials or even improper installations. To prevent the chances of sagging it’s important to regularly check and clear the roof. Get in touch if you need assistance.
About BPL Roofing:
We offer a wide range of roofing services, all of which are completed to the highest standard by our experienced roofers covering all areas of Herts, Beds and Bucks.
If you would like to see what our roofing services could do for you, contact BPL Roofing today by calling 01582 455025 or email them on email@example.com. Our helpful team members will happily answer any questions you may have.